Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ryan McBain's Thoughts on Xbox 360 v.s. PS3

A special thanks to Ryan McBain for submitting his interesting point of view regarding the PS3/Xbox 360 war. Make sure to check out his site @ RyanMcBain.com and sign up for the Board of Legend to discuss or debate his opinions which you are about to read below. Or simply leave a comment here and I will pass along your thoughts to him myself. Here is his article:

"I get a lot of crap from people for buying a PS3. They either call me a dumbass, or a Sony fanboy. I'm neither. I just like what both systems have to offer. The Xbox 360 has the best online period.Plus, right now their library of games are more impressive. The main reason why I bought a Playstation 3 (60 gig model) was because of the potential the machine has. When Home comes out, I really think we're going see some amazing things. Plus having Blu-ray is a big help. John Carmack of id Software has stated that the upcoming shooter Rage will need at least 2 discs to be played on the 360. Even with 2 discs, that wont be enough to contain all of the high-resolution textures (the 360 will use a different compression technology to fit everything on those discs) and the PS3 version will look superior as a result.

By 2009 I think the PS3 will surpass the 360. I could be wrong. But, if games like Heavy Rain, and DC Universe Online, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Socom deliver...watch out. Plus don't be surprised if Gears of War 3 ends on the PS3...you heard it here first :)

Speaking of Gears of War...

People always ask me what games I play online. I was never really a fan of shooting games, especially first person shooters. The only reason why I bought Halo 3 was because all my friends had the game and I didn't want to be left out. I saw Gears of War was third person, so I thought I would give it a try. I was hooked from the start.

GoW, is the only Xbox 360 game I play constantly. I most likely wouldn't own the 360 if it wasn't for this game. The funny thing is (at least to me) that I like the game for reasons it was not intended for. My favorite multiplayer mode is warzone. I really dig it because you can shoot your enemy until he is down and then have your way with him. And by have your way with him I mean tea bag him, nail him from behind, make him toss your salad, slap his ass, smoke tag him and then nail him from behin.. ect. The possibilities are endless. Yes, it's juvenile but it makes me laugh. It's a real treat to hear the guy who you raped yell at you at the end of the match. Apparently people don't like to be sodomized. Who knew?"


No comments: