Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Review

I have played a dozen Spider-Man games before in the past with Maximum Carnage being my all time favorite..... that is until now. I started playing the newest SM game called Web of Shadows this week and from the combat to the visuals to the story I can honestly say this game is top notch.

IGN.com gave it a 7 out of 10 which if you are a Marvel fan or a SM fanatic you can tell after a half of an hour of playing it yourself that a 7 is way under what it should be.

I currently have around 6-8 hours invested in it and the story is captivating me like no other SM game has in the past. It revolves around the standard cast of SM baddies with a twist.... after a few hours of playing the Symbiotes from Venom start infecting the city itself, including civilians and the major villians.

The good news is that you have some help in the form of people like Black Cat, Luke Cage and Wolverine (among others) that can be summoned at any time to help you fight during a tough spot. These characters add to the storyline in the sense that they are needed in NYC because of the horrible state the city is in.

The controls are easy to use but hard to master. You can switch between The black suit and the classic red at any time. Switching costumes unlocks 2 different fighting styles so the game always feels fresh.

My final verdict is that this game is easily a 9 out of 10 so far. I am sure it will get harder and possibly better after more time is invested. So if you are a SM fan, this is a MUST buy!

No comments: